Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry, Merry!

As I sit here, putting off the lasagna I have to make and the cookies I have to frost, I am reminded of past Christmas blogs.  I am a notorious blog-writing downer on Christmas.  Remember 2008?  How about 2009?  I had good reason to be sad, that is true.  And even going back and rereading those blogs makes me cry.  I do still miss those babies, and all the memories I will never have with them.

But.

I can't help but smile when I know there's a 'but...'

This year I feel my baby moving inside me.  He's received Christmas gifts already.  I know his heart is beating strong.  I'm still an emotional basket case!  Sometimes I can't help but just sit and cry!  But I blame that mostly on pregnancy hormones. 

This year I am so thankful.  God has granted the desires of my heart.  If I didn't receive a single Christmas gift for the rest of my life on this earth, I wouldn't care.  The best gift ever will be arriving in less than 3 months.  I'm still amazed when I think about it.

Merry Christmas to you all!  And remember, while we're celebrating the birth of Jesus as a baby, He came to die for you and me.  He took the weight of our sin so that we could have eternal life.  And He's coming back some day!


No comments: