Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

:receipts:

Ahhhh, the gift receipt.  A great invention, indeed. 

But, like other great things (raises, help with dishes & getting a grade changed), it only works if you ask for it.  And for some reason, even though this is the season for gift-giving, no one asks me if I want a gift receipt!  And I don't know if it's preggo-brain or what, but I never remember to ask.  Just like I've never asked for a raise.  Or to get a grade changed.  I have asked for help with dishes before, and I'm happy to report I always get that help when I ask.

So I'll be giving several gifts this year that will not come with a gift receipt.  And I hate doing that.  I try to buy things people will like, but I do not consider myself a good gift buyer.  I never know what to get people.  I'll be informing my loved ones that if they need to exchange, I'll get them the regular receipt.  How lame is that?  Not to mention, there is more than one gift on most of my receipts. 

Way to make things difficult, Lynn.

Now, since I can't sleep, I'm going to go wrap John's Christmas presents.  Hopefully he won't need to return anything...

No comments: