Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Spinaches & Artichokes

After posting on facebook that I was making Spinach & Artichoke dip, I was hounded for the recipe!  Well, maybe not hounded...but several people asked about it.  So here it is!  This is pretty much my own recipe.  I had about five different recipes, and I picked what I liked best from each one!

Ingredients
2 cloves of garlic, minced
12 oz. cream cheese, softened (1 and 1/2 packages)
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. Romano cheese
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
10 oz. package frozen spinach
14 oz. can artichoke hearts

Mix first 6 ingredients together well.  Cook and drain spinach according to package directions.  (I just do it in the microwave, takes only minutes.)  Chop it up and mix it into the dip.  Drain the artichoke hearts then chop them also.  You can make them as big or small as you want.  I chop them pretty small so they go throughout the whole dip, as opposed to big chunks.  That's just how I like it.  So add the chopped artichoke hearts, and mix it all up. 

I bake it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the dish I use.  If I put it in a 9x13, 30 minutes does it.  If it's in a smaller dish with larger sides, it might take a little longer.  You can stir it partway through if you want.  I usually do.

Serve with tortilla chips, toasted french bread, crackers, anything really.

I meant to take a picture of the dip I took to my parent's house yesterday, but forgot until it was almost gone.  So I took a picture of the leftovers that had been reheated. 


Doesn't really look that appetizing here, but trust me, it was good!

2 comments:

Jen McDade said...

I just had to let you know that ever since you posted this, I have been dying to try it out. I made it yesterday for a sisters' night and had plenty left over for the hubs to try. We LOVED it! Thanks for sharing!

Lynn said...

Glad you liked it! It is SO yummy! (We do sisters' nights too!! Love it!)