Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

One of those Moments

Yesterday I was just minding my own business.  Driving to work on a Friday morning.  Thinking ahead to the project I was planning with the kids, and listening to KLove.  As I turned onto the road my work is on, this song started playing. 

Now, let me tell you, music is a very emotional thing for me.  Even before losing my babies, it always spoke to me.  Songs make me cry often.  Sometimes out of the blue.  Oftentimes at church I can't keep singing because I'm crying.  It happens, I expect it.  But usually it's because I've heard the song before, I know the words, and it hits me where it hurts.

But yesterday, this song started playing that I'd never heard before.  Within the first 2 lines my eyes started watering.  I was conciously aware of my makeup and the fact that my day had barely begun.  But I couldn't help it.  It was like the song was written for me.

I sat in my car in the parking lot until the song was over.  I didn't know the name of the song, or who the artist was.  The first thing I did when I got into work was go to the computer and check KLove's lastest songs played list.  I then searched for and printed out the lyrics.  Then I started my work day.

This is the song: Before the Morning.  Performed by Josh Wilson.  If you get a chance you can search online for the story behind the song.  Very powerful.  Please take a few minutes to listen to this song.  And if you're looking for KLove, it's 94.5 in our area.  You can find a station anywhere (or listen online) at http://www.klove.com/


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome song Lynn!