Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Vodka Sauce

Tonight I made one of my favorite quick and easy meals.  And was reminded that I've never blogged about it!  So here's the recipe!

First, put on a big pot of water to boil a pound of pasta.

In a medium sauce pan, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter.  Add to that about 3 (or so) cloves of minced garlic.  I usually use my garlic press for this.  It's about the only time I use my garlic press!  Once that's cooked a few minutes, add in 2/3 cup of vodka.  Let it boil away about 4 or 5 minutes.  Then add 3 cups of tomato sauce.  Usually I add about 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, but then I keep adding more cream.  Tonight, when all was said and done, I added 2 cups of heavy cream.  I like it creamy.  :)

Just heat to boiling, then add to the pasta!  It will make a lot more sauce than you need for one pound of pasta, so save it for next time!  You can even freeze it.

My next recipe I post will be Manicotti!  Hopefully with pictures!

No comments: