Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random

So John bought us (both!) these new computers.  Mine is purple and I love it.  He ordered special photo and video editing programs on mine.  I messed around with some of it for about an hour last night.  I have so much to learn!  Can't wait till I have time to really dig into it.  Neither of us have ever had cameras on our laptops.  We do now.  Last night we skyped each other, while sitting on the couch next to each other.  We're dorky like that. 

I've been asked to do a couple projects at work which I'm really excited about.  First of all, I'm going to be writing and assembling a Parent Handbook.  Currently, parents receive all the forms and policies at the beginning of the school year (or at enrollment, whenever that happens to be) and they sign and return these forms. There's nothing for them to keep and hold on to. Hopefully the handbook will be a resource and reference they'll keep handy and utilize.  Secondly (no laughing!), I'll be working on the school webpage.  I don't have too much (*cough*any*cough*) experience with this, but I have faith in myself.  Well, my boss has faith in me, hopefully that's good enough!  Seriously though, I'm excited to work on it and learn and make it better!

As if that's not enough, I've decided (since I have my new computer and all) to begin work on a writing project I've had in the back of my mind for, oh, years I think!  No stress, no deadlines, just something to plug away at for a little while and see what becomes of it.  Honestly, it would be a dream come true to be able to write for a living.  Or atleast a part-time living.

Now I'm ready to catch up on American Idol from last night before tonight's show!  Tomorrow is my day off, aka, catch up on chores and sleep.  It's going to be hard to not spend the whole day on the computer.  :)

No comments: