Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I'm forever grateful for those men and women who have sacrificed their time, family life, energy and even their lives.  All so that I can have the freedoms that I enjoy in this country.  Sadly, these freedoms are taken for granted so often.  Take time today to focus on this: American soldiers gave up their lives for you.  American soldiers are fighting today to protect you.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 

John 15:13


This Memorial Day is pretty low-key for me.  Some house chores, and that's about it.  I was going to try and make it to the church picnic, but I'm not feeling that great.  I don't really feel like driving that far (plus paying to get in).  So I'll be hanging out at home.  John is working 7am till 7pm.  Enchiladas are on the menu for dinner, then we're going to play games and hang out!  We've had a busy week, so it'll be nice to hang out, just the two of us.


2 comments:

harmonysong said...

I was getting a pedicure the other day and the guy doing it had just come back from Iraq. I was blown away and made sure to thank him for his service.

Baskets arrive yet?? Hope you love them!

Lynn said...

I feel so indebted (is that the right word?) to anyone who has served in any capacity.

According to tracking, they should be here tomorrow! :) I can't wait!