Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

What a Weekend!

This weekend was busy and full!  But it was lots of fun!  Friday and Saturday I did lots of cleaning.  Lots of cleaning!  John hooked up our new washing machine on Friday, and I did my first load of laundry in it...and my second and third!  I absolutely love it!  It's a Frigidaire front loader...and it's so awesome.  I'll post a picture soon.

Friday night my nephews were sleeping over at my parents, so I spent the evening over there with Zoe.  Caleb absolutely loves Zoe.  Zachary...not so much.  But we had fun.  Zach and I read some books together, and after he went to bed I had so much fun chatting with Caleb.  He says the funniest things, and I just love hearing what his little mind comes up with!  He's so smart.

Saturday night my sisters came over for a "fry night."  We were going to fry all kinds of food.  Unfortunately, Christine got sick even before we started and had to go home.  So Sarah and I had fried ravioli, mozzarella sticks and deep fried candy bars.  Yum.  We also watched Little Women which I hadn't seen in years.  It was good!  Sarah and I kept thinking we knew what was going to happen (since we'd seen it before!) but couldn't exactly remember how it went...it was funny.

Today was another emotional day at church (what Sunday isn't?!).  After that, John and I took a little road trip to Kingston.  Why would we decide to take a road trip to Kingston, you might ask?  Well, because that's the closest Sonic location!  Yes, we drove an hour for fast food.  And it was good.  Delicious food, and a fun time.  We took Zoe with us, and after we ate at Sonic I took her out of the back of the car, gave her water and let her pee.  I think she enjoyed herself.

Tonight John and I finished our DVR'd shows from last week, then played a few games of Yahtzee.  I killed him the first 2 games, and he beat me the last 2.  There will be a tie-breaker to come.  Possibly tomorrow night.  I'll let you know the outcome!!  My parents stopped by after that and I made some fried dough.  Yum!

Now John is gone to work all night, and I'm just watching TV.  I think the time change has made it so I'm not quite so tired.  Oh well.  I feel like I'm ready for the work week...or as ready as I'll ever be.  I'm not looking forward to naptime tomorrow when I'll be trying to put 10 toddlers down for a nap and their internal clocks will be telling them it's not time to sleep yet!!! 

No comments: