Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Easy Peasy

Sometime in early 2006, a few months after we got engaged, John posed a question to me, "So, you know how to cook, right?"

I laughed and said yes, of course I know how to cook!  But then I was forced to prove it.  By making his favorite meal, Baked Ziti.  I found a recipe online and it has become our favorite go-to meal.  And it's easy too!

You start by boiling a big pot of water.  While that's going, mix together 24 oz. Ricotta cheese, 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, 1 egg and 1 and a half cups of pasta sauce (buy a 32 oz. jar of sauce).  It'll look something like this:


Once the water is boiling, salt it.  Liberally.



Add the pasta (ziti with lines), give it a stir and let it do it's thing.

In the meantime, lightly grease a 9x13 pan.

Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the cheese mixture.  Stir it up well.  The cheese will get all melty.  Your mouth may start to water.



Pour it all into the pan and smooth it out.  Pour the rest of the (32 oz jar of) sauce on top and spread it out.  Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on the top.



Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  It'll come out looking even better than when it went in!



Dish yourself up a big bowl, top it with some Parmesan cheese and find out why my husband married me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the "salt in action" picture!