Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Boneless Chicken Wings

Another night of trying to decide what to have for dinner.  I like cooking, but don't like coming up with ideas for what to cook.  John mentioned wanting wings, but he couldn't decide whether he wanted regular or boneless.  Soon after this discussion, he left for a fire call, and I set to work.

I knew I had some frozen boneless chicken breasts, so I thawed them out (2 large ones) and chopped them into pretty much bite-sized pieces.

(Ew, I hate raw meat.)

I found a recipe on http://www.myoutdoortv.com/ and pretty much followed it.  I got 3 dishes ready, the first one with flour, salt and pepper, the second one with buttermilk, and the third one with flour, salt and pepper again.



I covered each piece of chicken with flour, coated it in buttermilk, then dredged it through the flour a second time.  I put about 15 pieces into my fry basket, and fried the chicken at 360 degrees for about 5 minutes.



After each batch I would drain them on paper towels.



Once they were all fried up I put all the chicken into a bowl.



(During all this, I had made the sauce: 3/4 cup hot sauce, 1/4 cup water, 1 Tablespoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.  Melt together in a sauce pan, then set aside.)

I poured the sauce over the chicken and tossed to coat. 



Yum!  I transferred the chicken to a baking sheet and stuck them in the oven for 20 minutes at 350.



And...the finished product!



They were delicious, and John loved them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...those look SO YUMMY!

Jen McDade said...

Wow, YUM! I should try that! Do you have a deep fryer?

Lynn said...

Yup, we have a deep fryer, but not a huge one...it works well though! I just do things in batches!