Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Almost off the wagon...then back on again!

Ah, here we are at Days 5 & 6.

Day Five sucked. I was sick. Luckily the only thing to do that day was listen to the voices in your head, and squash them. The voices told me my head was full of snot, so I blew my nose. Ha!

Sorry, that's kind of a joke. But kind of not. I was so sick on Sunday, I didn't do anything. But luckily my sink was clean, and that fact made me feel that much better! Seriously, Day Five was listening to those nasty voices telling you that you can't do it, and it'll never become routine, and your house will always be a mess! Then you turn those thoughts around to positive ones. Ok. Done.

Day Six I woke up feeling much better. I still didn't get dressed to shoes because I was still kinda sick. And when I'm sick I just wanna be in my pj's. But as the day wore on I felt much better. So John and I got some shopping done (with gift cards!) and we even took a walk. We also made a yummy dinner, and the dishes are all cleaned and put away!

My baby step today was 'Hot Spots'. First you have to decide what your hot spots are (dining room table, radiator in bedroom, butcher block in kitchen) then you spend 2 minutes hitting one of them. Just 2 minutes. I cheated. I spent about 4 minutes on the dining room table. And it made a difference! I don't really understand the 2 minute rule, unless it's so you don't get burnt out. But I'm about to take another 2 minutes and hit the radiator in the bedroom that's covered with clean clothes!

Now, The FlyLady also does this email thing. Lots of emails. I almost didn't sign up for the emails, but then decided I didn't want to do this half....way. So I did. There are various emails throughout the day, some with testimonials, some with 'challenges' and some with the schedule for the day. For a few days I only read them, but today, being a new week, I decided to jump in and start doing what they said! (It helps that I have today off, and time to clean!)

This week's 'zone' is the master bedroom/bath/closet. And today's task was to clean the ceilings and walls. So I did! It hardly took me anytime too. I used the vacuum and a feather duster. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

Oh yeah, I did a couple loads of laundry too.

No comments: