Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankfulness.

Did you know you can choose to be thankful?  Even when you don't really feel like it.  Take this for example.  I wrote that post at a time when I may not have felt very thankful, but I chose for my attitude to be one of thankfulness.

This year, I definitely feel like I have SO MUCH to be thankful for.  I've been blessed far beyond what I deserve.  This year, as opposed to the last 2 years, I truly feel thankful.  If I were to list what I'm thankful for, the list would never end.  God has brought us joy in the morning, joy that I honestly thought might never come.

As I laid in bed last night, feeling the little kicks and spins of our baby boy, I couldn't help but smile.  It's been a long journey for us.  I know so many other people have journeys much longer than ours, but for us, it was long.  And now here we are.  There are days I still almost can't believe the blessings of the past few months.  Sometimes I feel like I won't believe this baby is ours until I hold him in my arms.

Today, just as that day exactly 2 years ago, when I lost my first baby, I am choosing to be thankful.  Sure, it's much easier today.  But there will be days ahead when it's not so easy.  And I hope that in those difficult days, I will choose thankfulness always. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  May you enjoy the love of friends and family today, and find many things to be thankful for!

No comments: