Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today John and I celebrate 4 years of wedded bliss.

Well, ya know, for the most part!

Our wedding day was amazing.  Everything I could have hoped for.  We had a wonderful honeymoon too.  Coming home (but not to the home I had for 25 years previous!) was a little traumatic, but after a day or 2 I was settled in.  We also had to give away a day in those first days after our wedding.  Not easy.  But we survived.


Fast forward to anniversary number one.  We spent it at Niagara Falls!  I had never been there, and we had an awesome time.  Amazing hotel suite, overlooking the Falls.  Definitely a trip to remember...especially the part where I beat John in miniature golf.

Skip ahead another year to one of the absolute best days of my life, November 10, 2008.  We found out we were expecting our first baby!  Obviously, it didn't end well, but I have fond memories of that day: wrapping up the pregnancy test for John to open and hiding it from my parents when they unexpectedly stopped by.

Add another year, and we're brought to one of the worst days of my life.  We were in San Diego with John's family when, on our fourth anniversary, I got a horrible phone call that said all my ultrasounds and blood work were pointing to one, and only one thing.  Impending miscarriage.  Thanks for the anniversary gift.  Couldn't it have been on a different day?  We all know how that ended.

Now, November 10, 2010, I'm 22 weeks pregnant with our son.  Sometimes I look down at my belly and almost can't believe it's real.  Even though this anniversary was spent working, and at an evening training...I couldn't be happier.  Even though I've barely seen John at all today, that's okay.  They (whoever they may be) say good things are worth waiting for...and wait we have. 

I thank God for my wonderful husband who has been there to support me through all the ups and downs, even when my wacky emotions don't make sense to him.  I thank God for my son, who literally gives me a whole new outlook on life already.  And I thank God for carrying me through the years, even when I didn't feel like I could go on.

Happy Anniversary John!  They only get better from here!  <3

No comments: