Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Random Ramblings...

Yesterday I bought 10 pounds of potatoes.  Today, I will peel, chunk and cook them.  Then I'll mash them up with butter and milk, transport to my parent's house and enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving meal.  With all the fam.

I also began my Christmas shopping yesterday.  On a very small scale.  But I saw something (for the kids, of course) and couldn't resist purchasing.  I'm always shopping last minute.  I really hope that's not the case this year.  I'm going to try hard!!

Today I made and ate a waffle and a glass of milk.  Well, the milk was from a carton.  The waffle was homemade.  From a mix.  You know what I mean. 

The sun is finally shining, it seems the rain is gone for awhile.  Yesterday I saw two rainbows.  I could cry as I look at a rainbow, knowing that it is God's promise to us.  God's promises feel so real to me lately.  I know they're always real, even when they don't feel it...but lately they really feel it.  And that's a good feeling.

Happy Birthday to my Zoe today.  She's 7.  Or 49.  However you want to look at it.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Even though, unless you're a parent, sibling or niece/nephew of mine, you're most likely not celebrating today...I'll eat some turkey for ya.

No comments: