Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

my secret dream

I watch American Idol almost religiously, along with, I'm sure, many of you.  My hubby's not a huge fan.  Honestly, he hates the show.  He knows it's all scripted, he knows it's a racket, he knows the whole thing is rigged.  Me?  I don't care.  So if he's home, I DVR it and get to fast forward through the commercials.

If there's one regret I may have to live with my entire life, it's that I'll never get to be on American Idol.  Don't laugh!!  I don't even know why I really want to be on the show.  I don't have a great voice.  I can carry a tune well, harmonize and sing pretty much anything.  But to get through to Hollywood, you've got to have that special 'something' that most people don't posess! 

I would never audition for the show.  First of all, I couldn't handle the rejection.  Second of all, I really have no desire to be on television.  And if by some miracle I made it, I wouldn't want to be away from my husband and family.

So why would I want to be on the show?  I think just for the chance to perform all different kinds of songs  in front of all different kinds of people!  Not that I really like to perform anyway...but I guess if I could choose one thing I'd like to do the rest of my life, it's sing.

Oh well.  Not meant to be.  That I can tell you for certain.  I'll just stick to "ABC's" and "I'm a Little Teapot."  The current favorites in my classroom.  I'll shine where I am.  :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

iiiiiiiiiii secretly have the same dream

is it weird that the "word verification" for this post is "haiti"??

Lynn said...

Atleast you're still young enough if you wanted to!

That is strange...

Scotto said...

Have to disagree with you on one point... You do have a very nice singing voice and great musicality...Ask Christina, I can see, hear and pick out talent.

Sooo Lynn: Your through to Hollywood :)

Lynn said...

But I'm too OLD!!! :(

Sarah said...

Ooooook and I have always wanted to sing too! I think that we could do a sisters group and go all the way!!! Then we could only do what we wanted when we wanted to. Oh how much I would love that! Aaaaaand how much we would ROCK!!!!!

Lynn said...

Sounds good to me! :) How awesome would that be?!