Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

disconnect

I am so ready to disconnect for awhile.

I love my computer, I'm obsessed with facebook, and blogging is such a great outlet for me.  Is it just because I'm nosy, like John says?  Maybe.  But I love to be connected and know what people are doing.  Mostly because I'm so bad at keeping in touch, and if I didn't have facebook, or read the blogs of long-distance friends, I would have no idea what was up in their lives.

But...

John and I are leaving tomorrow.  We're hoppin' on the train and leaving this world of 'connection' behind.  Our hotel has free wi-fi.  My laptop is staying home.  It's a time of disconnect for us, from everyone else, while we have a time of reconnect for ourselves.  And we are so looking forward to it.

Not that we're disconnected from each other now...but I can't even put into words how excited I am for this weekend getaway.  I really wish we could leave the cell phones behind too (especially his) but I guess I'll take what I can get.

I'll take lots of pictures, do lots of fun things and post a blog when I get home.  But until then (well, starting tomorrow)...I will be disconnected!

No comments: