Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2008

nobody said it would be easy

Happy Birthday to ME! I can't believe I'm 28 years old. For my birthday John took me away. We spent the night in a jacuzzi suite at Turning Stone. It was an awesome room, and we had a great time. It was so nice to get away, and both of us wish it could have been a longer time away. Unfortunately, real life is calling. I'm the lucky one who has tomorrow off, too. :) I feel bad John has to go back to work. But I have lots of house cleaning to get done, so it won't be a relaxing day for me either.

John's car drama continues. I don't know if I ever really told the story of what happened, so I'll summarize as quickly as possible. I forget the exact date, but I think it was around November 20th, when John was driving straight and the woman coming towards him turned left, right into his driver's door. Thankfully John wasn't hurt. Unfortunately, it did lots of damage to his truck. We've gotten the run-around from the insurance company and had to FIGHT them just to get a 30-day rental car (which is part of our plan!). We kept the car a few days past the 30, but then had to return it because we just can't afford to pay for a rental car everyday. I've gotten rides, John's brought me to work, and one day Sarah let me borrow her car. All this is happening because the door for John's truck is on back order. Has been this whole time. So today John got a call from the mechanic saying the door will be in NEXT Wednesday (January 7th) and it will take 4 days or so to finish it after that. YIKES! Now we're basically setting up our calendar for the next 2 weeks to see when we'll need a rental (or rides) and when we can get by with only one car (weekends, mostly). We're learning to be flexible.

I feel the need to do a "year in review". I'm trying to think of all the good things that have happened this year. My 2nd nephew Zachary was born. Jamie's son Cash was born. John got a new job! I got a raise. I changed classes at work, which has turned out great. We're doing better financially. John and I went on our second cruise. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary. I got pregnant. Christine got pregnant. Our house wasn't damaged by the huge tree that fell during the ice storm. Our families have been very supportive of us. My Dad fixed our furnace!

That said, there's obviously one event that has overshadowed every good thing that happened this past year. I try to be positive and look on the bright side...but I've come to realize that not only is that impossible, it's unhealthy. So sometimes I'm just sad. Certain things just randomly set me off. I know other people who have lost babies this year as well. My prayer for all of us who are still greiving is that 2009 will be a fresh start for us. I know I'm not going to wake up January 1st and be suddenly happy. But I am hoping that 2009 will bring us all what we desire. I know that's the only way I'll be able to move on from this loss. So here's to 2009 making us all a little happier, a little less emotional, and a lot fatter. :)

Happy Birthday to me.

No comments: