Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Everyone will be Amazed

I don't know exactly how to start this post. For some reason, it's been easier for me to openly discuss my own personal problems. But talking about Caleb has been harder. When I was 7 years old I had to be hospitalized for dehydration. At some point during that whole ordeal I remember my Dad saying he wished it was him going through it instead of me. Obviously I don't have my own kids yet, but I love my nephew to pieces, and I know that feeling my Dad had. Maybe not as much as a parent, but it's the next closest thing.


Caleb was the first baby born into our family. A much-prayed-for pregnancy that resulted in the cutest little boy. He's a little clone of his Daddy. He's a happy, laid back, smiley boy. He may be entering his 'cantankerous twos' but we just love him so much. Just thinking about him makes me smile. He loves trains and dogs. He likes giving treats to Zoe. :) I would do anything for that boy.


It's so hard to not know why Caleb isn't walking. It's so hard to know that something is wrong, but not know what it is, or how to fix it, or where to turn for help. It's hard to keep my mind from thinking, "It's not fair!" Of course it's not fair. So many things aren't fair in this world. But why Caleb? Why our family? Why are Dave & Amy forced to endure this huge trial, when it seems they've dealt with more than their fair share already? I'm sure that God has answers to these questions. I know He does. I just wish we were already on the other side of this huge cavern, seeing things through His eyes. I know that God never gives someone more than they can handle, with His help. But I feel like there's a breaking point.


There are a couple verses that I've been reading alot lately, and I know others in my family have been too. Mark 2, verses 11&12 begin with Jesus speaking to a paralytic, '"I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home." He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!"'


Here's the reason! This is the answer to every "WHY?" question we've ever asked concerning Caleb. Everyone will be amazed! They will be praising God! GOD will receive all the glory for making Caleb able to walk and run! Many people will believe, because it will be something miraculous that they've never seen before!


I can't wait for the day when Caleb is walking and running and driving us all nuts because he won't slow down! I know that day is coming. God is an all-powerful, all-knowing God. He doesn't make mistakes, and he doesn't make empty promises. God isn't surprised by anything. Our faith is in Him. His timing isn't our own, but it is perfect. In the meantime, we pray, pray, pray. Please join us!


No comments: