Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Love Snow Days!

Nothing like an extra day off in the middle of the week to help me accomplish things! This past weekend was a BUST, I did absolutely NOTHING. It was just a lazy weekend to hang out and be lazy. Soooo...now I must take advantage of this snow day and do something!

As of right now...I'm on my second cup of coffee. I watched my dvr'd Jon & Kate Plus Eight from Monday. (What a nice new house! I'm jealous!) Now I'm watching my dvr'd American Idol from last night. (Simon's my favorite.) My plans for the rest of the day include taking the ornaments and lights off the tree. Yes, it's true, our tree is still up. I've been a major procrastinator. The scary thing is it's a real tree...which I've quit watering...so when John carries it out, it'll be sure to leave a trail of needles atleast an inch thick. :) And I'll have to listen to him complain about it. Oh well.

I also plan on catching up on ALL my laundry. I have basically all the clothes done, but I have tons of sheets, bath towels, dish towels, washcloths, rags, etc. to do. The bathroom and kitchen both need a major cleaning. Plus I promised John that if I had a snow day I'd do some shoveling in the driveway. So as long as a spot is cleared for his truck by 4pm when he gets home from work, he'll be happy. I feel bad because John's Dad usually ends up snowblowing our driveway. And I'm fully capable of shoveling. (Yet another downside to not being pregnant still. I would have been able to get out of shoveling.)

As I look around the living room I realize that it needs to be cleaned too. Ah well, I have Friday off, so as long as I do some picking up in here, the major cleaning (putting away Christmas stuff which covers every surface) can wait till Friday.

The snow continues to fall. I'm going to finish my coffee, finish American Idol, make a to-do list (because I always work better when I can cross things off) and get to work. I PROMISE!

No comments: