Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Merry Christmas Baby

Today was my first day back at work since my surgery. It was not too bad! I'm extremely tired, and my incisions are sore. I did a lot more moving today then I've done in awhile. That's what happens when you have a room full of 2-year-olds to keep up with! The kids were excited to see me. They're so sweet. I really am glad to be back, even though my days are so long. Those kiddos make it worth it. I had a few cards from parents, and a few parents mentioned how sorry they were, and asked how I was doing. I appreciate it all so much, but when people say stuff to me I feel like I almost blow it off, because if I even start talking about it a little bit, I start to cry. So I just say, "Thanks, I'm doing great!" Even if that's not entirely true. But what else can I do? I'm not going to start crying while I have to be working!

I finally finished decorating the whole house - tree and all! I love our tree. We got in at a local fire department, and they delivered it, since John's car is still in the shop! It was perfect. Now it's all decorated and lit up...well, let me show you! :)

For some reason it's all orangey-red. But this is it. :) Hopefully there will be presents under it soon! :) Speaking of....I still have NO Christmas shopping done. And only about 2 weeks left. This is gonna be crazy.

I had my post-op appointment yesterday at noon. Well, it was scheduled for noon. I got there at about 11:40. My name didn't get called until 2:00. Over 2 hours in the waiting room! It was insane. All that, just for her to say everything looks fine. I'm supposed to wait a few months before trying again, which is going to be hard. I really feel like my sadness would subside if I could just get pregnant again! But I want to do what's best for my body, and for my future babies. Oh, I got to see pictures of my uterus and fallopian tubes that my doctor took during the surgery. Very cool. :)

All last week John worked 12-hour shifts. Very boring for me, since I was home bumming around, nursing my wounds. I tried to keep my mood upbeat since I didn't want to be laying around crying all day. Everyday around 3:30, John's usual time to come home, Zoe would go to the window and just sit and wait for him to show up. He wasn't getting home till either 11pm or she had awhile to wait. :) One day I took a picture of her looking out the window, just waiting. It was so cute, her ears sticking up into the sunset as she patiently awaited her master's return.

No comments: