Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Is One of the Twelve Gifts of Christmas Procrastination?

About this time of year, the stress starts. I'm a procrastinator, and this year has been worse than most. I blame having surgery, that set me back a couple weeks. John says that isn't a good excuse. How is it that no matter what I do, I always end up finishing my shopping and wrapping on Christmas Eve? To make matters worse, we're down to one car. I'm having to find rides to and from work, tomorrow John's driving me and picking me up. Tonight after work I got dropped off at the Police Station where he was working to pick up the car, because I had errands to run. Now I have to go back and pick him up at 11pm, which sucks big time. In the meantime, I have TONS of wrapping to do. My blogging is actually just me procrastinating.

One of the Mom's at work gave me a huge thing of homemade cookies today. They have nuts in them, so I couldn't eat them at work. As soon as I finished my dinner I started chowing down, and now I feel sick because I've eaten so many cookies!! :) They are SO yummy though. It's so nice to feel appreciated by the families of the kids that I take care of every day. Makes it feel worth it. It reminds me that I should be more openly thankful to people that help me out throughout the year.

Today I got my wedding album! I absolutely LOVE it! I also got a DVD with the pictures on it, so I'll post a couple when I get a chance.

Tomorrow I work till 3, then we're having dinner and spending the evening at John's parent's house. I'm so excited. I love Christmas! Despite all the stress and craziness, it's my favorite time of year. I love giving people gifts, and, I'm not gonna lie, I like getting them as well. :) On Christmas day we'll have lunch and open gifts with my family, then at night we have a dinner with my Mother-in-law's whole family. Unfortunately I have to work on Friday. :( But then I have Saturday off, and Sunday we're going away for the night! My birthday is Monday, so we're just getting away for a night. I can't wait, I need to have a break from regular life, even if only for one day. Then I don't go back to work till Wednesday.

Have I procrastinated enough?! Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope you have a great holiday with family and friends. And if I don't make it back in time, Happy New Year!

No comments: