Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yanks vs Mets

What a fun week at my house. The Yankees (MY team) are playing their biggest rival, which shall remain unnamed in my blog. You all know who I'm talking about. The Mets (JOHN'S team) are playing their biggest rival in their division, the Phillies. Now let me just preface this by letting you know how much John hates the Yankees. He despises them. He will argue to the death about how the Yankees are paid too much, are severely over-rated and now have a home-run derby stadium. John hates the Yankees so much that if he had to choose between the Yankees losing or the Met's winning...He'd choose the Yankees losing every time. That said: he's so hard to live with this week! He has to rub in how bad the Yankees are and how they're losing and how they're going to get swept. Unfortunately, the Yankees have started out on a bad foot with the team that shall not be named....and the Mets have started out on a very good foot with the Phillies.

I would like to add that I am very flexible when it comes to cheering for John's team. Example One: We were engaged at Shea Stadium. Example Two: We have only ever gone to Mets games together. Example Three: I actually own a Mets shirt that I will wear from time to time. When we do go to Mets games, I cheer for them! Is it too much to ask that he just be happy when my team wins, and not criticize everything about them?! Apparently so.

Yankees Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: