Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Make it a Habit

How many times do they say you have to do something in order for it to become a habit? I know I've heard somewhere...but I forget the exact number. Just like anytime I have a question, I looked it up online. And wouldn't you know, I couldn't find the answer! Somebody had suggested 3 times, but I don't think that's accurate. All this to say, I'm very proud that I ran for the second time tonight! I wanted to run earlier in the week, but we had softball and didn't get home until after dark each night. I'm not much for running around the neighborhood in the dark. So tonight Zoe and I went for a run, and had a great time! We kind of run half the time and walk half the time...but that's ok. I'm definitely feeling it, so I'm doing something right!

I also cleaned out one of the huge cement planter things right by our breezeway door tonight. It's been over-grown ever since things started growing this year. Last year I filled the 2 planters with petunias. They were great, and grew really well, but then all of a sudden they just started dying, and nothing I did helped. So then I had 2 planters filled with dead petunias. Tonight I weeded as best I could, removing everything, filled it in with some new soil, and planted some seeds I bought. I forget what the flowers were called...I think they were 4 o'clock flowers or something like that. They were pretty and the seed packet said they were fragrant. So hopefully they'll grow! We're expecting lots of rain the next few days, so hopefully we'll get some sun too and they'll start growing!

Day off tomorrow! I plan on doing some cleaning, finishing up laundry and paying bills. Oh so fun. Tomorrow will be a rainy day, so hopefully I'll have some relaxing time too, to curl up and watch a movie or something. I left my book at work, which is probably a good thing, because if I had it here I wouldn't get any work done. :) John is working 3rd shift tonight and the next 2 days. Plus today and tomorrow he has to go in early, so he's working 7pm-7am. I miss him! He'll be home tomorrow when I'm home, but he'll be sleeping most of the time! I can't wait for our trip to Rochester next weekend! A couple days to spend together with his family, relaxing and partying!

No comments: