Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Death

Yes I've been slacking.

And yes, here I come with a big heavy topic.

Let's see if I can even get out when I feel like I want to say.

The past week and a half or so has left us surrounded by death.  My Aunt passed away last Wednesday.  My sister-in-law's Aunt passed away this past Monday.  (I knew her well, and for many years.)  Death is sad.  Cancer is evil. 

I've been sad over these deaths, even though I know that I'll see these women again.  I'm sad for those left behind.  For my cousins without a Mom.  For my Dad and his siblings without a sister.  For my sister-in-laws family without a daughter, sister and aunt.

But the biggest fear that I have, while living through the past week and a half, and actually the past several years of cancer crap, is the loss of a sibling.  I can't imagine having to watch one of my siblings suffer through a disease like that.  I can't imagine having to say goodbye to one of my siblings, long before it's time.  It's honestly almost too much for me to even comprehend. 

I know there will be a day when we'll no longer deal with death, pain, cancer, hospitals and disease.  It's promised to us.  And I'm holding tight to that promise, praying that the suffering will stay far, far away from my family until that day comes.

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."  Revelation 21:4


1 comment:

Missy said...

I know exactly what that is like, and it is not a fun thing. The only worse thing would be if it was one of your kids. Both my sisters suffered, and in a way, I was happy for them to pass on, knowing that they would not be in pain anymore. But it sure is hard, and you never get used to not seeing them again on this earth. So stay healthy!