Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Three Month Old Baby!

Our sweet little baby is getting so big!!

JJ is still sleeping so amazingly well.  We moved him to his crib and there were no issues whatsoever.  We do have a video monitor, so that helps.  Sometimes he'll go 10 hours, eat, then sleep another 2.  Sometimes he'll go 12 hours, and then he's up for the day.  (Well, until his nap, that is!)  His naps vary between 1 and 2 hours, but he usually naps anywhere from 3-4.5 total during the day.  He's eating well and taking bottles well from my parents.  He seems a little less interested in eating during the morning (atleast with me) and very demanding in the evening!  Sometimes I feel like he doesn't eat as much as he should, but he's happy so I'm happy.  Really it's hard to tell how much he's getting anyway.

At his 3-month mark, JJ is becoming so content (most of the time)!  He still (sometimes) has fussy times, especially in the evenings, or when he's too tired.  But when he's full and rested, he'll lay for long periods on his play mat, or on his boppy on the floor, or on our bed.  He's been rolling over (belly to back) quite often, and it's difficult to get tummy time in because he keeps flipping over!  He does a little better in his jolly jumper, but still only for short periods, and with blankets supporting him.  I'm anxious to get his exer-saucer type thing out and put it together...but I know he's not ready for it yet.  :)  He still loves to be carried, and when he's cranky, taking him outside will always calm him down.

JJ's smiles have become constant!  When I go to get him out of his crib in the morning, even if he's been crying, as soon as he sees me I get a huge grin out of him.  I love that!!!  And all day long he just loves to smile.  His tongue is always going too.  He sticks it out, rolls it and chews on it.  His little giggle is just the best thing ever.

Diapers are still size 2.  Clothes are fully 3-6 months, and I think I need to start going through the 6-9 month stuff now.  This kid is growing like a weed!  I wanted to weigh him (by weighing myself with and without him) but he's napping right now, so that'll have to wait.  He doesn't go back to the doctor for another month.

JJ loves TV.  A better parent might not embrace that so much, but I love it.  :)  TV, of course, should be limited for kids.  But it's nice to be able to plop them down for a few minutes when you need to get something done!  He especially seems to like baseball, which Daddy loves. 

I'm trying to think of what's new this past month.  He's started grabbing at toys!  He also likes his taggy blanket and lots of times has the ribbons in his mouth.  He is sucking his thumb more and more!  Especially in the bath, for some reason.  JJ went through a time where he really didn't like the car, but he seems to be doing better now.  He loves to go for walks, and I love that too!  Whenever the weather is ok, we go. 

Uhoh, naptime is over, so I guess this update is as well.  Happy 3 months buddy!  We love you!!


No comments: