Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

and here's my opinion...

I am not one to make waves.  I'm the type who avoids confrontation.  If I think something I say will cause controversy, most likely I'll just avoid saying it.  I'll speak my mind, in a group of like-minded people.  But in a group with diverse opinions and ideas?  I'll most likely be quite tight-lipped.  Is this a flaw?  Most likely yes.  But it's just the way I usually am.  Don't like to rock the boat.

However.

I'm tired of having to see everyone else's ideas and opinions plastered all over facebook.  And not say anything.  Because I don't want to lose friends, because I don't want to be thought of as 'intolerant' and because I'm just afraid to start an argument that I might lose.  I'm tired of that.

So here's my opinion.  God created Adam and Eve.  They were the first family, and the family that all families thereafter should be modeled after.  It's sad to me to see the breakdown of basically the first 'institution' God put in place.  I don't have time to be philosophical about this, and I'm not going to quote Bible verses here, because likely anyone who disagrees with me isn't all that interested in what the Bible has to say on the matter. 

I guess I just wanted to kind of get this off my chest...whether anyone actually reads this/cares about this/agrees or disagrees with this.

But now I have a crying baby, so anything else I have to say will have to wait.

1 comment:

Jonnie Fry said...

AMEN sister! Totally agree with you! Any other family may work and be okay but it is NOT what God intended for his people!