Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snack time!

John's working.  I already had leftover Southwest Egg Rolls for lunch...I didn't dare risk certain heartburn by eating them again for dinner.  So I made myself an easy, yummy snack!


I stacked 3 flour tortillas and cut them into 8 triangles each.  Use a pizza cutter!


Arrange the triangles on a cookie sheet. 

In a small bowl, combine 1 t. EVOO and 3 t. lime juice.  Spread onto tortilla pieces.

In another small bowl, combine 1 t. each of cumin, chili powder and salt.  Sprinkle onto tortilla pieces.


Pop those babies into the oven (350 degrees) for 7 minutes.  Rotate the pan and bake another 7 minutes.  (Or so...just watch them!)

When the edges start to turn up and they brown a little bit, they're done!



Enjoy with some yummy dip.  These are quite spicy and you'll need something to go with 'em!


A few notes:
Next time I would spread all the ingredients on the tortillas before I cut them.  Would definitely save on time.

These would be yummy with just olive oil and kosher salt on them!

I'll post the recipe for the dip soon!

You can double, triple, whatever the recipe if you're making a bigger batch!


No comments: