Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Anybody have a spare draft stopper??

Tuesday morning.  I'm up at 5am.  I shower, dress, blow dry my hair and make up my face.  Let the dog out, start the coffee pot.  Feed the dog, fill my water bottle and watch the news.  I even did a load of laundry.  (!)

I'm getting ready to leave the house at 6:40 and Zoe is being a pest.  I throw her a treat, and expect her to run and get it like she usually does.  But she doesn't go and eat it, instead she runs down the stairs to the outside door.  Like I'm going to let her out again.  Yeah, right.  I know if I let her out she'll just sit in the yard and not come back in when I call her.  I also know John will be home from work in a half hour and he'll let her out then.

So I manage to pull her back into the house and close the door, even though she keeps trying to stick her snout in the way of the door closing.  I may have yelled at her.  She was making me late!

*Side note: I got basically zero sleep the night before because of her pacing and whining and waking me up constantly.  I was not in a good mood.

While driving to work John called and I filled him in on my sleepless night and frustrating morning.  We both commented on how we hoped she didn't scratch up the fridge inbetween my leaving and his returning home.

Well, Zoe didn't scratch up the fridge.  But in the half hour she was alone, she did manage to completely destroy our draft stopper, which is (was) the kind that slides onto the door.  This is what I saw when I got home that evening.


Bye bye, draft stopper!  And isn't this a guilty face if you've ever seen one?


Here's our newest solution to the fridge/door scratching problem:


Yes, our big tough German Shepherd is scared to death of the spray bottle.  This seems to be solving the problem for now!

2 comments:

Crystal Light said...

Aw I'm sorry poor Zoe has been having such anxiety lately...Has the vet given you guys any recommendations? I have a large spare crate from Mali if you think it might help those alone times.

Anonymous said...

that looked like a pile of poop to me at first. bad dog!!