Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2009

Just Desserts

Being an old married woman means I usually spend Friday nights at home with John. We almost always get pizza, usually from Marino's, and we either watch a movie or stuff we have dvr'd. My life is so exciting. :)

Tonight was different! John was going to a movie with Adam, Stephen and some other guys. So when Kristen, John's sister asked if I wanted to hang out with her and her cousin's wife, Chrystal, I said sure! We were going to go visit their Grandma for a little bit, then go out for dessert.

Well, we got to Grandma's and the door to her room was locked. Turns out it was some kind of game night over there, and a bunch of the older people were gathered in a big room playing something...not sure what it was. Since Grandma seemed so involved, we decided not to interrupt the game. I felt bad that we didn't get to visit her, but we'll have to plan another night to do that.

So on to the second part of our evening....dessert. Now just for a little background, Kristen, Chrystal and myself are all dessert lovers. So this was a very exciting night for us. :) But we couldn't figure out where we wanted to go! We sat in the parking lot of Grandma's for a little while, then decided to go back to my in-laws to go online and look at the Red Robin menu. We were afraid of just going somewhere and then they would end up having nothing good for dessert. Well, their webpage was being funky so we couldn't view the menu. We decided to just head out there. The place was packed! Granted, it was Friday night, almost 8pm. We walked in and asked to see the menu. She handed it to us and said, "We don't have the chocolate pie tonight." (or whatever it was) That left some kind of apple something and...maybe a sundae. I'm not sure. Not much option there.

So we went through the list of where else we could go: Blue Ribbon, Tops Diner, any other diner, Olive Garden, etc. Finally we decided on Delmonico's because Chrystal had a really good dessert there once. Well let me tell you, we made the right decision!! We only had to wait about 20 mintues, and the desserts were AWESOME. I had chocolate chip cheesecake with homemade whipped cream. YUM-O! It was, seriously, the best piece of cheesecake I've ever had. I want to find a recipe for it. It had an Oreo crust that was SO yummy. I just loved it. So worth the wait and all the running around.

While we were waiting at Delmonico's Chrystal made a decision. She just has to open a dessert place. And the name? Just Desserts. Sounds good to me! Usually you're so full from eating dinner out, that if you do get a dessert, you're too stuffed to enjoy it! Tonight was perfect. We had some bread with yummy garlic butter, and dessert. My 2 favorite things!

1 comment:

Kathy Lundberg said...

Hi Lynn,

It's Kathy Lundberg. I saw, Just Dessert is an awesome idea. Go for it.

Praying for Caleb, you guys!

kl