Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

C25K

When I was young and skinny I remember mentioning to someone that I needed to exercise.  They were all like, "Whaaaat?!  You're skinny!"  And I was all like, "Duuuuude, skinny don't equal in shape!"

It was true then, and it's still true today.  I'm a little older, and a little not as skinny.  But I'm still out of shape.  My goal isn't to drop pounds, although I would like to lose a few.  My goal is simply to get healthier.

I've felt this way for some time, but have yet to find something that inspires me to keep on keepin' on.  I'm famous for starting things and never finishing them (flylady anyone?).

Enter: running.  I've always wanted to run.  I've even done it a few times around my neighborhood.  But it's hard.  I get out of breath, I get hot, I get dizzy, I get hungry.  Okay, maybe not hungry.  But running, although I like it, is uncomfortable.

Enter: Couch25K.  (Read: Couch to 5K, as in, 3 miles.)

This, I feel like I can do.  It doesn't intimidate me.  (Okay, it intimidates me a little...all exercise does!)  It's only 3 days a week, for 9 weeks.  You can repeat a week if you need to.  This, I know I can do.

What are my worries?  First of all that I won't stick with it.  Scheduling in time for exercise is hard with John's schedule, and we don't have a jogging stroller for me to take JJ along.  Second, I'm worried about my leg.  Still not the same since JJ's delivery, I'm worried it will hinder me.  BUT, I also think this is just what my leg NEEDS.  Third...well, I guess I'm just worried I won't stick with it.

So here goes somethin'.  I'll try to do occasional posts on my progress.  I think my first day will be Monday.  Again, tough to do anything consistent with John's crazy schedule and overtime...but I'm determined!  JJ needs a healthy Mommy!!

No comments: