Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jumping Ship

Have you ever wanted to jump ship?

Sometimes it's hard to know if you're where you're supposed to be.  Try to make sense of what you're doing, and you still don't know.  Pray hard about it, but the plan's not clear.  Think about it some more, but you continue to wonder. 

I think God gives us those times in our life for a reason.  Does he want us to jump ship?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Should jumping ship be our first response when the going gets tough?  What about when the going gets even tougher?  And stays tough?  And doesn't let up?  What exactly is God's reasoning for giving us those times?

Sometimes things are hard to handle.  Things can feel like they'll never get better.  I've even been tempted to jump ship, it's true.  But I believe faithfulness will be rewarded.  I believe the plan God is (hopefully!) soon going to reveal will be well worth the wait.  Waiting is hard.  Waiting we've done.  Can the waiting, the not knowing and the 'feeling like I want to jump ship' be ending soon?  Please? 

And just because I really like this song...






*disclaimer* in scanning back over this for typos, I realize this could sound like I'm talking about marriage or something like that...rest assured, I'm not.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting this, Lynn. it so speaks to my heart right now. pray all is well--miss you!!

Rachel said...

I've been so struggling with this with my job right now. I'm praying for patience and waiting on Him for the next move. Thank you for this song - I'll be adding it to my at work playlist.