Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two Months!

This is several days late, but I wanted to post a 2 month blog for the little man!

JJ turned 2 months old on May 23rd.  We celebrated by...well, we didn't really celebrate.  But he got lots of hugs and kisses.  Come to think of it, that's not different than any other day.  Oh well. 

At 2 months old JJ is still an amazing eater and sleeper.  He usually goes 10 hours at night.  Then he eats and goes down for another 2 hours or so.  He eats every 2-3 hours during the day, and usually takes 2 good naps.  I can't wait until we can start cereal, but I know that's still a couple months away.

JJ can be a little cranky during the day.  He doesn't like to be in one place too long!  He usually enjoys his bouncy chair in the bathroom while I take a shower.  Sometimes he likes laying on his back on his playmat, and sometimes he likes laying on his tummy.  (Tummy time!)  He hasn't rolled over in awhile, but he has rolled (tummy to back) several times.  He's tried out the Jolly Jumper a few times (supported with blankets!) and he seems to like that.  His favorite place?  Being carried of course!  He loves to be outside too.

In the mornings JJ is a very smily boy!  The rest of the day?  Sometimes you have to work hard to get a smile out of him.  He loves to watch Zoe, and doesn't even seem to mind when he gets a tongue bath from her.  And speaking of baths...JJ loves his tubby time!  He kicks his little legs and I hate to take him out of the tub because he loves it so much! 

JJ has been to a couple softball games to cheer for Daddy!  He's been in the church nursery several times, and he seems to do pretty well.  Since Mommy and Daddy both play on the worship team, he doesn't really have a choice!  :)

JJ has moved up to size 2 diapers, and most of the time he's wearing 3-6 month clothes!  He's pretty much growing right before our eyes!  At his 2 month check-up he weighed 12 lbs and 1.5 oz.  He was 23 and 1/4 inches, which I think is wrong...but oh well.  :)  He got his shots and goes back in another 2 months.  I can't imagine how much he's going to weigh then!

We're planning on moving JJ out of the bassinet by the bed, and into his crib at night soon.  I don't mind doing it, I'm not worried about him...it's just so nice to grab him from the bassinet, feed him and plop him back down without ever having to get out of bed!!  So really it's my lazyness that's been keeping him in our bedroom.  He does sleep in his crib for all his naps, so at least he's used to it!

If JJ is being fussy at night and it's not quite time for tubby or food...I can sit down at the piano with him on my lap and almost always he'll be happy for about 10 minutes while I play.  I don't know if it's the music, or the movement while I'm playing, but he seems to love it!  He also seems to really like TV.  I put on a Baby Bach DVD today and he was cooing at it for about 15 minutes!  And of course he enjoys watching the Mets with Daddy.

That's about all I can think of for his 2 month update.  We're more in love with him everyday and I can't imagine our lives without him!!

No comments: