Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

But...

In this new, wonderful world of motherhood, I've adjusted to many things.  I've come to realize the majority of my time is spent feeding the baby!  Sometimes I don't get the chance to go to the bathroom when I get up in the morning, because JJ is demanding food.  If I forget to make the coffee at night before I go to bed, I do it one-handed in the morning.  Breakfast...sometimes doesn't happen.  I'm slightly tethered to the house, and almost fully tethered to my little man.

And sometimes in quiet moments I start to think...

...I haven't taken enough pictures.
...I haven't written what I need to in his baby book.
...I haven't taken (or had!) the time to scrapbook any pictures.
...I haven't blogged about recent milestones.
...I haven't gotten out of the house as much as I want.
...I haven't kept up with cleaning like I should.

But...

...I stare at my little boy's face for hours a day.
...I store up in my heart all the cute things he does.
...The pictures will be there later...he'll never be this age again.
...The blog will be there later too.
...I appreciate when we're able to get out of the house.
...The house will always need cleaning, one day JJ will be gone!

So I try to let those things go that 'should' be done.  JJ's not going to care about most of that stuff.  But he will know that his Mommy loves him because she takes the time to play with, feed and take care of him.

Add a few minutes to tummy time.  Close the computer.  Carry him more, clean less.  Enjoy all those little moments when he's smiling at the lamp, craning his neck to see the TV or just sitting on the couch with Mommy and Daddy.  He's only this little once!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

You got that right!