Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Musings

I should really drink coffee more often.  I used to be a hard core caffeine-aholic.  I'd prepare coffee the night before so that it was dripping while I hit my snooze just one more time.  I got to the point where I was drinking 3 or 4 cups a day.  That may not seem like much, but for me it was.  The 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant (when I was pregnant, but just didn't know it yet) I tried to drastically reduce the amount of coffee I drank.  The day I found out I was pregnant I went cold turkey.  True, they say a small amount of coffee (2 cups a day) is okay in early pregnancy.  But caffeine is also connected to early miscarriage.  So I quit.  Now, every once in awhile I'll get a cup from Dunkin' Donuts when I feel like I really need it.  This morning I really needed it!  And my chore list is reaping the benefits of the added energy as a result! 

Dishes, all done.  Laundry, well on it's way.  The bathroom will be soon to follow.  Although I'm out of toilet bowl cleaner.  I guess I'll just scrub it anyway.  Anyone know of a substitute TB cleaner?  Maybe I'll toss some vinegar in there.

We had a really great service at church this morning.  I enjoyed the music a lot, and was really inspired by the message.  It was a good reminder that we are not called to mediocrity.  We don't get to say, "Okay, God, I've come this far.  I'm done."  God doesn't draw this line in the sand and say, "Make it to this point, and you'll have done enough."  As our special speaker this morning said, you should push yourself as far as you possibly can, then wake up the next morning and try to go even further.  (Loosely paraphrased!)  How often do I go even an inch outside my comfort zone to help someone else or to point them to Christ? 

And oh my goodness.  I think I just felt my baby move!!!  Don't know for sure...but I think I did!!!

John worked 16 hours between last night and this morning.  He's snoozing on the couch next to me while the Giants are playing kicking butt.  The washer is beeping at me, so my couch time is done for a little while.  Back to chores.  I love Sunday afternoons.

No comments: