Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Early Thanksgiving

I know, it's not Thanksgiving yet. But today was the first ever (annual???) Cunniff Thanksgiving. While growing up, our family always traveled to Indian Lake for Thanksgiving. That was Thanksgiving to me. The first year John and I were married we went to Indian Lake. But since then, because of John's work schedule, we've had Thanksgiving with his family. Which is great! But I miss spending the holiday with my family too.

This year, my parents are the only immediate family members making the trek to Indian Lake. So my Mom decided to have a Thanksgiving today for our family. And it was so much fun! Everybody brought something and it was a great time together. We had turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, glazed carrots, stuffing, rolls, cinnamon buns, apple pie and pumpkin pie. Delish. I left very full.

We also took some family photos while we were there. I'm just too exhausted right now to get my camera and upload the pictures, so I'll post them later.

I love when our family gets together. There's always lots of laughing and lots of fun. Lots of picking on each other, but lots of love.

This past week has been, let's be honest, pretty crappy. I've had my ups and downs, mostly downs. I've been frustrated, upset, angry and sad. But today was honestly just what I needed. A happy day with my family, which I'm so thankful for. Never will I take my family for granted, I know I'm so blessed to have them.

The only thing that could have made today really feel like Thanksgiving would have been football. There's something weird about having a huge Thanksgiving dinner, and not watching football. But Thursday is coming soon!

No comments: