Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Favorite Things

I don't care for raindrops on roses. Bright copper kettles require too much cleaning. Woolen mittens are just plain itchy. But there are some things in life that simply make me happy. Here's some of them:

I absolutely love Sunday afternoons. Lunch with John after church, then football, or whatever is on, maybe a nap, maybe some reading, or possibly some crocheting. Nothing beats an afternoon of relaxing before another work week begins!

Crocheted blankets make me happy. My sister-in-law Amy gave me a big, comfy blanket she made for my bridal shower. It keeps me comfy on these chilly nights and I love it.

John may despise our new (to us) chair, and the fact that I made him go pick it up (even though we don't need it) but I love it! It gives us an extra seat (that's not a dining room chair) when company is over, and I think it adds a homey feel to our living room. Big thanks to Sarah's in-laws for the free chair!

I've gotta say it. I'm not trying to rub it in. But the Yankees winning makes me smile. I don't understand why Yankees fans aren't allowed to enjoy wins like other teams fans. Just because the other team had some errors and the Yankees benefited from them doesn't mean anything! This is baseball, people! It's the way it goes! And don't get all bent out of shape over a bad call. The Yankees have had their fair share of bad calls.

Okay, I'm off that soapbox.

It makes me so happy when John calls me from work. The fact that we've been married almost 3 years, together over 7, and he still calls me a couple times a night from work makes me feel special. It's not easy when he's working 2nd or 3rd shift, but he certainly makes an effort to show how much he cares for me. Or maybe he's just bored.

My family is awesome. Mine and John's. I love spending time with them, talking, laughing, crying, we've done it all. The support I receive from my family is priceless. I love nothing better than the times we're together, whether it be for birthday's, holidays or just a dinner together. Nothing is better than family.

A clean house makes me happy. My house isn't always spotless, but as long as it's picked up, dishes done and laundry under control, I'm happy. Even better is when my husband is the one doing the cleaning! (Like the vacuuming yesterday!)

Pumpkin carving, toffee, harvest candles, jalapenos, string cheese, indian corn, doritos, books, red leaves, pictures, US flags, Christmas movies, holiday traditions, babies, vacations & church. Among other things.

No comments: