Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2009

List-Making

I may have issues. My first issue: procrastination. I am a horrible procrastinator. I will be thinking of something that I really need to do. But I won't do it. The items I put off include bill-paying, cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, printing off pictures for my "Who's Here Today?" chart at work and grocery shopping. I don't know why I do this. Once I'm finally caught up on all the things I've put off, I think to myself, "Great! Now I can stay 'up' on everything from here on out!" Yeah, right.

Another issue I have: internet obsession. I could very easily get home from work, sit down on the couch with my laptop, and not get up till bedtime. Bear in mind, I'm also usually watching TV and talking to John. I'm such a multi-tasker. But I seriously would feel completely disconnected if I didn't have my computer. This isn't totally a bad thing. But it can become a bad thing if I let it take over. We're going on vacation in a week and I'm actually looking forward to being disconnected for a few days. :) Of course I'll be so glad to get back to my facebook and such.

Now my next issue I don't think is bad at all: list-making. This past weekend I made a huge list of all the household chores I needed to get done this weekend. Well Saturday night Adam, a friend of ours, picked up my list and basically laughed at me. Let me explain, this was quite the detailed list. Every single thing I had to do was on this list, very specifically. Let me also point out that almost every single thing was crossed off! There's such a sense of completion not only in finishing each task, but in crossing it off! I think my lists helps me not procrastinate. I'm actually about to start a new list...or 2. One for all the things I need to accomplish before we leave on vacation (most likely including the day on which I hope to do each thing) and the second for everything I need to pack. This second list will be broken down into where each item will be packed: checked bag, carry-on or purse.

So I have issues. Atleast I'm willing to admit it. Now I'm off to see Stine and Livy-Loo!

1 comment:

Jamie Frances said...

Lists are fantastic tools! I make them constantly and get made fun of for the detailedness of some of them but they are so helpful!! Have a great time on vaca :)