Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

Two Years

Two years ago today...was the best day of my life. :) It's so hard to believe that it's been 2 years since John and I got married. In some ways it feels like it was such a short time ago. But then it also feels like we've always been married. It's hard to remember what it was like before. John makes me so happy and is the best provider and partner I could ask for!

We had a fun night of shopping for work-out clothes. :) John's employer gives him an allowance he can use for that, so he bought some new sneakers and stuff for working out. There's also a nice gym at work that he can use, as well as the one at his firehouse. After that, we ordered from Marino's, the best restaurant in Schenectady. John had a chicken parm dinner and I had an antipasta. Yum! Now we're watching some shows we had DVR'd and just enjoying the evening.

Yesterday my parents had Eliel and his wife Heliani over for lunch. Actually, they're staying with them for a few days. Eliel is an interpreter that has worked with my parents in Brazil for years. Finally they made it here to the US for our church's Missions Conference. So we had a fun meal yesterday, just enjoying the company. It was great to finally meet them, as my parents go on and on about them every year when they return from Brazil!

My lovely 3-day weekend is coming to a close. Back to work tomorrow. I always begin the weekend with such high aspirations for what I will accomplish. Then I end the weekend thinking about what I didn't get done. But I did get some stuff done this weekend. I did all the laundry and all the dishes are caught up on. I vacuumed, did some dusting and...that's about it. I need to go clean the toilet before I go to bed.

No comments: